Monday, March 12, 2012

Save Our Ship, Lord!

My little boys are forever playing pirates.

But not today.

Today there is no play.

 No lofty sails.

Today is more like survival. On a houseboat. That is not-so-quietly sinking to the deep.

Lonny is out of town and commitments are stacked high.

Running. Pick- ups. Drop-offs.

No one is sleeping.

We're cranky. Surly. Spent.

My two vacuums bit the dust.

Toast crumbs on the floor.

One boy overflowed the potty.

Half-hour battle with plunger and old plumbing.

Math facts are not settling.

Unsavory words from yesterday's movie did.

And we're in need of a treasure chest of grace.

Save our ship, Lord. Come quick!

He is faithful.

The pirates and I...

in deep places,

 we know.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

4 comments:

  1. I think your pirates need to see a big whale spouting out of the sea, a pelican with a pouch full of fish, or perhaps a mermaid..something awe inspiring to shake them out of the rough waters.
    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Peggy:) C'mon over! (We wish!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need anything, let me know....Josh started his outage yesterday so we are sailing on that pirate ship with you, how about the zoo next Wed? boys have no school....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, too, Dawn. Glad to have you as shipmates! Zoo sounds great. Boys will be thrilled (Mama, too). Love to all!

    ReplyDelete