Thursday, March 22, 2012

Casting Cares

A son aches, and there's nothing I can do.

There is no kiss. There is no touch. There's not a stitch or salve I can apply.

It's a part of growing. Stretching. Becoming more-a-man and less-a-boy.

But it hurts to watch him hurt.

And helpless stings the most.

God, there's hurt that I can't mend.

That is why I'm here.

There's empty that I can't fill.

That is why I'm close.

There are questions I can't answer and places I can't go.

That is why I sent my Son. So your son can come to me.

I want to mend his struggle.

I'm the One to bind his wounds.

I want to give him hope.

I'm the Giver of life.

I want him to have joy.

And life with me is abundant and full.

I release him, Lord.

He's yours.


Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. I Peter 5:7

2 comments: