Monday, June 11, 2012

Misty Living

I wake this morning and understand that the day is precious.

Nothing out of the ordinary, really.

But precious nonetheless.

There will be dishes and laundry and my van will travel like mad.

But today is a day that gently folds into a lifetime, while we're not looking,
and I want to make the most of it.

God's Word says we're like a mist. A shadow. A breath.

 Here and then gone.

So today I understand that there's still time to

know the Lord I'll spend eternity with,
speak words of life into the dark,
hold the hand of someone I love,
make a memory, in a child's heart, a memory that will last,
bring encouragement to someone in need,
offer a hand,
a hope,
a heart,
notice an everyday beauty, a simplicity, a grace,
share a kindness,
offer tenderness,
and forgiveness,
serve the ones I love,
teach to a heart,
glean and learn and stretch and grow...

because if life passes like a vapor,

 today is significant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment