Monday, May 9, 2011

God's Reply

I’d been down. Drained. Depleted. Dry.
“Please, Lord, refresh my spirit. Renew my heart for mothering.”
The answer came soft and gentle, in a child’s hand-made card.
It blessed me, the way He answered.
A treasure.
God’s reply.

Dear Mom,

Thank you for always being there
for us.
The world has some naughty things, but in a storm
when we are lost and do not know
where to go you fly in like a
super-hero and like the sun you
you break the clouds allowing us
to see all the good things in life.
You teach us to know right from wrong, and follow
the Lord’s commands. Every day you teach us
and every day we learn.  Every day the first
face I see when I wake up is the face
that starts the perfect day even when
I’m sick and that face belongs to you.
Every day I’m fooled by how beautiful
you are when I wake and see you
I think “is that an angel in the kitchen”.
But when I see your smile and
the most loving spirit a boy could
ever see I know its something better than
an angel its my mom.

Love, Samuel

Oh Lord, You hear the deep places of a mother’s heart and answer with tender replies. I love you. Thank you. Amen.
Mother’s Day Giveaways:

Thanks so much, sweet friends, for the kind comments.
Isaiah pulled these names from his baseball cap: Cindy Herlyn (Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotional Stories for Mothers) and Heather Chervenka (Chicken Soup for the Soul: New Moms). Cindy and Heather, will you please send your mailing address via e-mail (click above)? I’ll get your books right out!
Thanks again, everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful, wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. What a touching letter from Samuel! Though it may not always seem like it, that just goes to show how much our children really are paying attention to the little things that say I love you. Mother's Day was wonderful here too! Glad you enjoyed the day with your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what hit my heart, too, Kelly.:) So glad that your day was sweet - I thought about you many times! Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a sweet sweet note from Samuel. He sees you as a super hero, a teacher, an angel...what love!

    ReplyDelete