Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A February Prayer

February. The heart month. Chocolate hearts. Conversation hearts. Paper hearts. Crimson hearts. Hearts on cards and windows.

I came across this “heart” in Proverbs and want to claim it for each of my sons.

As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19

Father,

Thank you for each of my sons. Thank you for loving them. Thank you for sending Jesus to save them. Thank you for pursuing each one and for holding them in the palm of your hand.

I pray that my boys would have hearts of strong character, and that that character would flow outward from their relationship with you. I pray that you would define their ideas, their goals, their aspirations, their hopes, time, talents, and dreams.

Let them have hearts to love you first. To help others. To have passion for your saving grace. To be providers and protectors and lovers of what is right and good. Let them be strong enough to love you out loud, with their voices and their lives.

Allow them the strength to choose the higher path and the wisdom to walk in your grace. Let them know that they are fully loved and fully pleasing – because of the cross and resurrection of Jesus.

I pray that you would be alive and present in their lives.

And that as water reflects a man’s face, my boys’ hearts would be a reflection of you.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment